Friday, May 17, 2019

When Dimple Met Rishi (Dimple and Rishi #1) by Sandhya Menon

This book had come across my radar back when it came out but I hadn't got around to reading it. But then a few days ago I saw the next book, There's Something About Sweetie, at work and I fell in love with the inside cover blurb, well, Sweetie really. It says on the cover it is a companion to this one but I didn't know if anything in it would be spoiler for this story so I got both and read this one first. And I loved it. I loved it in the way I loved Jenny Hann's To All The Boys series, in that while yes it is a romance, it is more.

The story of Rishi and Dimple is about falling in love when you least expect it and it is the last thing you want or the only thing you want. It is about being who you are, who you feel deep in your bones, the person you really are even when it is hard and scary. It is about the dynamics of family and how to handle what they want for you when you want something else and the cultural nuances of Indian American families. It was lovely, sweet, honest, and just really good. It felt like the best kind of rom-com, where you know what is going to happen in the end and you don't care that it could be called predictable because the road is so enjoyable.

Now I am looking forward to meeting Sweetie!!

(Finished May 17, 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment