Sunday, June 27, 2021

Sword in the Stars: A Once Future Novel by A.R. Capetta, Cori McCarthy

 2021 Pride Read-A-Thon Book Review:

Sword In the Stars

🗡🗡🗡🗡🗡/5🗡

I REALLY, REALLY wasn’t kidding when I said I have a deep love of retellings. I just finished yet another. This is the conclusion to Once & Future. And I LOVED this duology so damn much!! It’s an Arthurian legend retelling. It’s beautifully queer. The love between Gwen and Ari and Val and Merlin is just everything. 

Spoiler warning for the first book as this one picks up right after the first-



The characters have moved from outer space to Camelot in the days of Arthur and nothing is as it seems or as the written legend says. It’s heavy on the best kind of messaging, what agency do we have over our own stories and what can we do when we have the opportunity to fix mistakes. And it’s full of danger and excitement and magic and everything I love. It’s found family. It’s adventure. It’s heartbreaking and full of hope. I can’t say enough good things about this book!! 




(Finished June 27, 2021)

No comments:

Post a Comment