Friday, June 11, 2021

One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston

 I read and loved Casey's book Red, White & Royal Blue so I was very excited when I saw this one coming out and even more so since it was just in time for my annual Pride Read-A-Thon. 


2021 Pride Read-A-Thon Book Review:

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5✨


This book!! I need to start by saying that I read the back of the book before getting this and didn’t really read the whole thing. I was sold that is was by Casey and was set in my hometown, NYC. But had I read it all I wouldn’t have been so thrown off or confused over the girl literally lost in time. 😳

I absolutely LOVED Red, White & Royal Blue so I again went outside my usual reading genre for this one. I don’t typically go for romances. I don’t mind romance in a story but I don’t seek out romance novels. Unless I love the author. 

One Last Stop is quirky and different. I love the references to the 70’s. I love the setting and how much it feels like a character in the book. 

I love that August is a curvy, full figured girl. I love the found family trope. And I love the story of August and Jane. 

Jane is stuck on the Q train, quite literally so since something happened to knock her out of her time and into August’s. 

August is finding her way and learning what it means to put down roots and make a place for herself that has meaning and permanence. 

This was fun and different and sexy and a little heartbreaking, unlike anything I’ve read before.

(Finished June 10, 2021)

No comments:

Post a Comment