Sunday, June 6, 2021

The Summer of Everything by Julian Winters

 2021 Pride Read-A-Thon Book Review:

The Summer of Everything 

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5✨

I simply adore Julian’s writing. He makes me feel and think and cry and laugh and it’s everything. This just might be my favorite (so far). I want to be part of a family like the one that grows out of the group at One More Page. I love Wes in all his nerdy glory. 

It’s the summer between high school and college and 18 year olds Wes thinks he has to have it all figured out, after all it seems like all those around him do. And he has a massive crush on his best friend Nico. 

His beloved bookstore/work place is closing and he just wants to save it. 

As the summer passes Wes learns about love and loss and the difference between letting go and moving on. 

I absolutely loved every second I spent in this book and it begs for a playlist. 

This is a must read for anyone who feels like they aren’t sure it’s ok to not know the next move or where they even want to go. 


(Finished June 6, 2021)

No comments:

Post a Comment