Thursday, January 17, 2013

“A” is for Alibi (Kinsey Millhone book 1) by Sue Grafton

Just recently I saw the newest, “V” is where this series is up to I believe, in the the bookstore. I’d never read any of them but know people who love them. So I grabbed a this one on sale for $2.99 on my Nook.

It was a pretty fast read and not bad. It’s not classic, it’s detective pulp lit and it’s enjoyable as such.
The character of Kinsey, a smart woman in her early 30’s, was someone I liked enough to want to read more about her.

The case she was working on was more interesting than not and I only half figured it out before the reveal.

I wasn’t expecting anything life altering or overly gripping or moving but rather a book that held my attention and I liked so in that this lived up to my expectations.

The “B” book is on sale as well, for $3.99 so my broke self can swing it and I will get it.

I noticed some of the ones after “B” also in the under $5 range (these are Nook versions) and if I like “B” I will get them eventually too.

(read Nov. 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment