Thursday, January 17, 2013

Matched (Matched book 1) by Ally Condie

This is another in an ever growing line-up of books about what would happen if the government was so totally in charge that you had no say in anything much like Uglies, The Hunger Games and Delirium.

It isn’t that this is a bad book or that I didn’t enjoy it, it’s just familiar territory. And since it has been done so often lately there isn’t anything overly new here.


That being said, it was a fast read. The writing was fine. The story was featured a very likeable young woman. If you like these kinds of stories book one in what, surprise, is a trilogy, is a good read. It isn’t earth shattering but it was good. It is also a safe book for the tween and up set if they are not quite ready for Uglies or Hunger Games (both series are ones I highly recommend)


Side note: YA books are something of a passion for me, if I can’t get published I will continue my schooling and go on to teach middle or high school English and maybe get my dual Masters in Library Science & Children’s Literature with a focus on the YA genre so this is right in my favorite area.

(read Sept. 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment