Friday, January 18, 2013

I Am What I Am by John Barrowman

I adore John Barrowman. I love him as Captain Jack in Doctor Who and Torchwood. I loved him as a judge on the talent search show I'd Do Anything that BBCAmerica aired. I love his music. And now I love his writing.

I Am What I Am is set up as is you were visiting him in his home and he was giving you a tour then telling you all about his life and family. Because of this format there is a little bit of abrupt breaks between stories that may not be noticed when sitting with someone and having a conversation. In conversation it would feel natural to go from one story to another but on paper there are times when it felt abrupt, but it wasn't distracting or hard to read, just noticeable.

The stories were naughty, funny, touching and a few were sad. The pictures were a nice glimpse into his life and John's partner Scott is as yummy to look at as he is. They make a wonderful couple in pictures and in love which comes across every time Scott is mentioned in the stories John tells.

This was his second book, I must get the first!!!


(finished Jan. 18, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment