Thursday, January 17, 2013

Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin

Two girls grow up as best friends. One is “ordinary” looking and very smart and also very kind. The other is the beauty but average in the smart department and quite selfish.

That’s how it is for Rachel & Darcy.

Everything comes easy for Darcy and she feels entitled. That is until Rachel and Darcy’s fiance Dex fall in love.

I sometimes hated and pitied Darcy but sometimes she was so darn likable.

Rachel was loveable but the kind you want to shake and say hey speak up!

It felt wrong to cheer for the couple being sneaky but I couldn’t help myself. It felt like Darcy deserved to be taken down a peg and for Rachel to have a chance to shine.

Not a serious brain challenging read but worth the time and enjoyable. I’ve been working my way through Emily Giffin’s works and liked them all so far. Onto Something Blue, a sequel to this one. 

(read June 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment