Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Other Boleyn Girl (The Tudor Court, #2) by Philippa Gregory

This book is 661 pages long. But it was worth it. At first I felt like I was trying to push through Austen again and everything felt wordy and heavy even though it was beautiful. But then it started to fly and the grasp of the writers word paintings became fluid and before I was ready the story was over. 

The Other Boleyn Girl is the story of the rise and fall of Anne Boleyn as seen through the eyes of her sister Mary. I am left with an even stronger dislike of Anne than I had before I started this book. But I also have more of an appreciation and sadness for the damage done these girls by the men in power over them and the neglect of a cold and hateful mother and how it shaped them.

(read Jan. 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment