Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Tiny Bit Marvellous by Dawn French

This book is super special to me. It came in a package full of love from a dear friend in Scotland because I was unable to get it in the US.

But the story…oh not at all what I expected.

I love Dawn French and when I read the back of the book I expected a comedy.

What I got was the story or Mo about to turn 50, her children Dora an angry and scared girl about to turn 18 and Peter who would rather you call him Oscar, thank you very much, who has taken to acting like Oscar Wilde. Thrown into the mix are Mo’s taken for granted husband and her charming rock of a mum Pamela.

Oh and Mo is a child psychologist who is great at helping other people’s kids but clueless about her own.

And last but not least is their dog, Poo.

There is so much to laugh at while reading that the fact that your heart is being broken hits like a ton of bricks. What an amazing read.

(read June 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment