Sunday, January 20, 2013

Playing Dead by Julia Heaberlin

I found this book on the buy 2 get 1 free table at Barnes and Noble and the blurb on the back cover sounded like a story I could enjoy so I grabbed it.

I expected a straight forward mystery but it wasn't really like that. Tommie is sent on a search for who she really is when a strange letter is sent to her claiming she is some other woman's long ago kidnapped daughter. What follows is a story about finding yourself aside from who your parents are or aren't and the lengths people are willing to go to protect themselves or their loved ones. Of course there is murder, danger, mysterious papers in locked boxes, people who are not who they say they are and a kidnapping, all the usual pieces of most mystery novels. 

One of my favorite thing about mysteries is when there is an outcome I didn't see coming and this book had that. It wasn't the story I thought it was going to be when I first started reading it and did my usual try to figure it out before the reveal thing and I like that.


(finished Jan. 20, 2013)


No comments:

Post a Comment