Tuesday, March 2, 2021

A ​Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses #4) by Sarah J. Maas

Sarah J. Mass also wrote The Throne of Glass Series, which I read in this order... Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire, Queen of Shadows, Tower of Dawn, Empire of Storms, Kingdom of Ash. There is also a prequel of sorts, The Assassin's Blade.   

The other books in this series are,  A Court of Thorns and Roses, A Court of Mist and Fury, A Court of Wings and Ruin, and after Wings and Ruin but before this one comes A Court of Frost and Starlight which I recently bought but haven't read yet.  

While books 1-3 are really Feyre's story this one is Nesta's. Of course all the regulars are here, Feyre, Rhys, Elain, Amren, Mor, Azriel and Cassian. We also meet a couple of new characters, Gwyn and Emerie, and honestly they are why I loved this so much. The dynamic between the three females is what takes this from Nesta is annoying and whiny to a real story about broken people finding a way to live. 

I have to give a special shoutout to my favorite side-side character, The House. I want this house so badly. I loved the role The House plays in this story....I can't say more about it because I am trying for this post to be as spoiler free as possible...

While yes this ends on a bit of a cliffhanger, there are I believe 3 more books coming...it isn't a painful one so the wait won't be pure torture. 

I loved this way more than I thought I would when I first started it...the set up of Nesta and her branch of this story took time, it was almost like a book 1 rather than the fourth but it is worth it. 

Before I leave you I want to say a word about content. For some time this book lived in the YA section with ToG but it really never should have been. The sex scenes are rather graphic and not really what you put in YA. Recently the books were reprinted with new covers and moved to the regular/adult Fantasy section. So if you have the old covers this one won't match but it was a good shelf move. Also, there is talk of rape and attempted assault so if this is something that you aren't able to handle you can see it coming and skip over it without too much damage to the story. Take care of you!!

(Finished March 1, 2021)

No comments:

Post a Comment