Thursday, January 17, 2013

Déjá Dead (Temperance Brennan, #1) by Kathy Reichs

I grabbed this book because I like mystery/thrillers and I love the TV show BONES which is loosely based on Kathy Reichs books about Dr. Temperance Brennan.  Before I tell you about the book I need to say that the Dr. Brennan in the book version (there are a bunch, I’ve only read this one so far) is VERY DIFFERENT than the way she is portrayed on BONES. She’s older, has a daughter, works in Canada and at least so far there is no Booth.

The novel is tightly written and the attention to details, as gory as they are, is spot on. One of the things I love is that book is told in first person in Tempe’s voice and she feels so real, she even chides herself for noticing the amazing blue eyes on one of the cops.

In Déjá Dead Tempe picks up on a pattern between the deaths of at least 4 women all found murdered and mutilated. Problem is she is the only one who sees it and convincing the police isn’t easy. Can she before the psycho kills again?

Well laid out and paced with perfect amounts of tension. I’ll be reading more of the books about Dr. Brennan.

(read Jan. 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment