Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Snowman by Jo Nesbo

This book took me way too long to read, mainly because of the main character's name. His name is Inspector Harry Hole.

But I made it through.

I can not give this book a full rave review. Mainly because when in the middle if the tense scenes I’d break out into giggles. But also because there are times the story felt choppy. I’m not sure if it is the translation or the author’s style. But it was rough at points.

There are other Harry Hole books but I didn’t feel not reading them kept me from enjoying this one.  Something I loved was that I didn’t figure this out right away. I honestly was stumped for more than half of the book. At one point I jokingly thought watch it be X and it was, but I well past halfway through when I thought that and 2/3 through when I realized I was right.

There are some rather gory bits, mostly at the end. I threw up in my mouth to blunt. But overall this is worth the read.

(read July 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment