Thursday, January 17, 2013

I Remember Nothing And Other Reflections by Nora Ephron

This book, though it is only 135 pages, is in no way a small book. I found this on the Buy 2 Get 1 Free table at Barnes and Noble and it was not long after her death so I grabbed it. All I really knew was she wrote a brilliant piece of work called When Harry Met Sally so I figured this would at the very least be mildly entertaining. And it was free.

Oh my how wrong I was. This was way more than mildly entertaining. It was like a smooth glass of wine. It made me feel. It made me feel warm and I laughed and I teared up and I feel like I learned so much about her but really nothing at all, and I think that was her intent when she wrote the short essays that make up this book.

From her Aruba, dislike of egg white omelettes and love of meat loaf, the fact she wouldn’t miss email and washing her hair but would miss twinkle lights and butter, I Remember Nothing gives a tiny glimpse into the mind and life of am amazing writer.

(finished Jan. 2, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment