Thursday, January 17, 2013

Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter book 1) by Laurell K. Hamilton

I got this from the library. I put aside, yet again, A Feast For Crows, to read a book I got from the library. The first two were so good that it was easier to put aside the book series that keeps me wanting more. This one however was not on that level. 
But had I not been reading the Game of Thrones series this would have been fine.
It was an escapist, gory, vampire book. The writing was readable, the story had its moments. It was not great literature but it was ok.
Anita works with the cops on cases involving vampires. She is tough and has an attitude. She is a strong female character. Oh and she raises the dead, creates zombies. So there is a little of everything.

Not the best book I have read but by far not the worst, that book, if you are wondering, is The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake.

(read July 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment