Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

First let me tell you this, do not let the fact that John Green writes YA books keep you from reading them just because you are not a young adult anymore. If you do you will miss out on something amazing. Trust me.

Now my review:
Sometimes a book comes along and worms it’s way into your heart and rips it. Makes you sob like a baby. The kind of cry that makes your body shake. But you continue reading and feel the better for it. This, The Fault In Our Stars, is one of those books.
Hazel has cancer. She can’t breathe without her oxygen tank. She is going to die and she knows it. She is 16. Gus had cancer, he also had two legs. Now he has one and is in remission. But at cancer kid support group he and Hazel meet. I can’t, I wont say more. Don’t let the fact this book is about two teens with cancer keep you from reading it. It isn’t about the cancer, it’s about life, love, Hazel & Gus. You will be moved and maybe even slightly (or more) changed by this read.

Trust me!!!!

(read Jan. 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment